Sunday, November 17, 2013

Seoul Lantern Festival!


The Seoul Lantern Festival!

Today I made it a point to get off my ass and do something! Thankfully I had plans with my wonderful friend Karla! We always manage to find some cool stuff to do and since she's a veteran around these parts it's nice to have her show me around!

Tonight was actually the last night the lantern festival was going on. I believe it started at the beginning of November and it ended today! It's Korean culture colorfully displayed on the river in the form of lanterns. It was a unique experience. 


We were herded through a line along the river and I got some good laughs on the way. I have never seen so many couples not only matching their clothing but taking "selfies" with the lanterns. Sure I would have found it cute and romantic if I were in their shoes but it made for some good people watching. I want the say the lanterns extended for about a mile maybe a little less. Each was uniquely different and stunningly beautiful. 


This one is my favorite. It was tucked away in a tunnel and the lanterns remind me of candy. So colorful and each very unique. 

It was good to get out and see the lights and take in some quality people watching on a Sunday evening. 

Time to get back to grading some papers! Tomorrow is Monday after all!

xoxo

Greene



No comments:

Post a Comment