Saturday, November 30, 2013

i heart the interwebz

Let me just say that the Internet is the best thing in the whole world. 

Last week end I talked to my brother for 2 hours via Viber then got to talk to my bestie in Hong Kong for another hour! It was great seeing her and knowing that she's only an hour behind me makes things a lot easier. Just having visual conversations is really making my transition easier. 

Let me just say that it made for one helluva Sunday. 

The VERY first person I had the pleasure of Skyping was my girl Jennifer. The time difference is a little tricky especially with video calling. It's LATE in Texas and it's not too early and Korea and she's had an eventful night. Just seeing her face and listening to her voice immediately elevated my mood. 



Since I didn't post of Thanksgiving I figured I'd tell you what I'm thankful for. 

WIFI
...
and family and friends of course (duh)

Thanksgiving I got to skype my home girl Kelli! Seeing the doggies and her husband and her made me feel like we were hanging out again. 


uber flattering picture of me courtesy of Snapchat haha 

Then last night Skyping with my dad so that I could navigate him through my messy room so that he could find clothing that I wanted him to send me for Christmas hahha


To me this is what is keeping me grounded and inspired to be overseas. The incredible amount of support and love and people taking time our of their day to talk to me when I'm 15 hours ahead. 

... Or in the future as my friend James would say! haha

Even though social media is the root of all evil it's keeping me in the loop with my friends and family and it's making the 6,000 mile gap feel a little less ... huge ... 

So feel free to Skype me, Viber me, Whatsapp me, or KAKAO TALK me

hehe

Happy belated turkey day!

Love y'all

xoxo

Greene




No comments:

Post a Comment