Monday, November 18, 2013

Comfortably homesick

I cant help but feel ... sentimental today

School today was great the kids saw their first snow flurry of the season and the cold wind hitting my face when I walked home made me happy to be going home. 

I got home and saw a card in my mail box!! HAZZZA first letter since I've been in Seoul! It was a belated birthday card from my amazing father ! I ran upstairs to up it and once I finally caught my breath I opened it and tears flooded my eyes and my heart sank into my feet. 

If your a friend of mine or just know who I am, I am extremely family oriented. Sure my family has it's fair share of weirdness but what family doesn't ? Since I was a little girl I've always been a daddy's girl. Even more so when my mother pasted away. My father has done nothing but encourage me to live out my dreams no matter how foolish they sound. 

No one ever thought that I would have the balls to pick up and move 6,000+ miles away from my close knit family, my animals, and my father.

I haven't been too home since in my 2 weeks here. I've been extremely busy learning the ropes at work, organizing my apartment, and trying to be social and explore. Lately my heart has felt heavy because I really miss my family. But then I think of all of the love and support they have poured onto me it gives me the strength to be proud that I am here. I am living my dream

My far fetched, it doesn't make sense, you'll never do it in a million years

 ... dream

I'm doing what I love in a country I've never seen trying things I'd never do and

I love it. :) 

Thanks for letting me vent tonight 

I love you all && thank you for all your unconditional love 

xoxo
Greene


No comments:

Post a Comment