Sunday, July 9, 2017

Day 1 vs. Day 1100


Day 1 vs. Day 1100 

** Caution mushy love stuff ahead **

So Kyu and I just celebrated 3 years together or 1,100 days together. 

3 years! Can you believe that?
We've changed a lot in the past 3 years and we've also done some stupid shit. 

Being in love can be difficult no matter where you are in life.
I never came to Korea with the intention of falling in love with someone and being with them for the rest of my life, but hey it worked out for the best!

Being in a relationship takes a lot of work and listening.
ESPECIALLY
when you and your partner don't share the same first language.

In the past 3 years we've had enough arguments to fuel a small hybrid car 
We've gone through 1 break up that lasted all of 5 hours
We've loved each other unconditionally 
We've lived together before we got married
We've experienced more life changing things in 3 years than most couples do in their lifetime
and most of all
We've survived 2 years of mandatory military service

As Kyu gets out from his mandatory military service on August 16, 2017 I cant help but feel overwhelmed with excitement!

Our first year together we went as well as riding a wooden roller coaster.
B U M P Y

It took a lot of time and patience on both of us. 
I had to learn to not be such a bitch. hahah
We fought a lot and misunderstood each other almost everyday, but some how we managed to get our shit together and make it work.

Once I moved to a new school in 2015 things got so much better for us.
That's when the light bulb went off for both of us.
We knew we wanted this to be a forever thing. 

As Kyu enlisted and went away for basic training in August of 2015 I was in shambles
I ate a whole cheese cake for dinner over the course of 2 weeks
(not ashamed)
I cried every day
and I wrote him letters literally everyday.

I've seen Kyu every 4 weeks for his military vacation and just about every week end since he's been enlisted. 

This has taken a lot of hard work and dedication. 

As he wraps up his glorious 2 year service we're overwhelmed with complete joy.
We FINALLY get to plan our wedding!
Take engagement pictures!
and
Live together again!

From Day 1 we started sharing beautiful moments together and even through the rough times we've managed to make it to our 1100 day anniversary.

I never knew I could love someone as much as I love this human being. 💓

I always thought  people who said that were cheesy,
but
I find myself falling in love with him again and again every time I look into his eyes. 
The amount of love, joy, happiness, utter bliss I feel when I'm with him 
makes my heart fart and my liver quiver. 
*totally stole that from my mom*

so!

Happy 1100 Mr. Ko and here's to a life time of days together!
Love you to the moon and back 🌙



xoxo

💓 Mrs. Ko 💓


No comments:

Post a Comment