Thursday, June 15, 2017

What is Love

In Korea as a woman who is on the bigger side and happens to be a foreigner we face a lot of issues. 

Mainly about size. 

Today I was actually feeling abnormally perky and wanted to look cute for work. 
So I did my make up nicely and put on my favorite smock dress. 
It's definitely teacher vibes
Needless to say I was feeling myselfffff

But of course working with children they tend to knock you down from your high horse. 

I had one lil ass hat repeat over and over how ugly I looked today and if I got my dress at the "fat store." Now usually smug little ass holes like that I can deal with. I just threatened to tell his home room teacher and Korean teacher and he shaped up.

Then I have one of the bosses kids who likes to come in and chat with me while I'm finishing up my grading and all the other teachers have left. 

He said to me 
"Teacher why are you so fat?"
*** he's actually a big boy himself mind you***
I said (because I actually like this kid), "Because my mom died and because I was sad all the time I felt like eating helped me." 
He then said, "Oh, that's not good."
Then he causally pointed to my new wedding hanbok that got delivered which I'm super jazzed about and asked, "Teacher, what's this?"
I replied, "Oh it's my wedding hanbok."
He then said, "Teacher, is your husband fat too?"
I told him, "No, actually he's much thinner than I am."
((Shows him this picture)) 
"Teacher, he's really skinny."
Me,"I know he is."

I then felt compelled to tell him that it doesn't really matter what you look like or who you are because you can fall in love with someone for who they are. 

Now Kyu is obviously biased and thinks I'm gooooorrrrrgeous hahaha 
and
 I think he's super duper handsome ^^

But I guess the point here is that love is love no matter which way you cut it. Sure I'm not necessarily happy with how big I am but I'm doing things to keep myself healthy and active and I know making changes takes time and effort. 

But that's between me and my scale ^^

I also needed to vent about being called fat so many times today too.
 I'm not used to this. hahaha
 I usually wear tights and a tshirt to work and for once I dress up and get called an ogre. 

Never the less

How was everyone's week? 

Tell me something AMAZING that happened to you <3

I'll go first:
Tomorrow is Friday. What a blessing 
xoxo

Julie 

9 comments:

  1. I got chorro and didn't get it on my calzones, I think that's amazing 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha that's always the goal is to not get it on your calzones! ahah

      Delete
  2. Aw Julie! I love you and your authentic self.

    Something amazing is that I found a new house plant and an area rug for my living room and I am just tickled with my home improvements. Little treats to make my space gorgeous as I organize and de clutter. -emily threet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emily! <3

      I really enjoy seeing you doing something passionate like de cluttering your home and adding new little touches. It's so inspiring!

      Delete
  3. Shakira - you are BEAUTIFUL just the way you are!! I'd tell your boss and co-teachers anyhow. You have been in Korea too long to deal with anyones crap! Not that if it was your first week or year would be any different! We have to be the change we want to see in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe Buck thank you!! I told them and the first kid got in a lot of trouble I'll probably post a picture of the apology letter later today haha I feel like his teacher gave him a tongue lashing he will never forget!

      Delete
  4. First of all, "lil ass hat" hahahahahaha.

    It's sad that kids are still little pricks, but it's nice to know teachers like you are there to guide them.

    I had a bitching week. Got the opportunity to work on a new project in DC, now on my way to San Diego for another adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try ! Believe me I try. I think for me it also depends on my mood and how much I like the kid who is trying to tease me.
      If I like them I try and educate them. If I dont like them they get treated hahah IM CALLING YOUR MOM!!! haha

      That's incredible!! Work is just taking you everywhere! That's such a wonderful opportunity!

      Delete
  5. Well my heart today was touched by a beautiful hearted woman named Julie. I felt your hug and love through your honesty in life journeys.

    ReplyDelete